How you enjoy the years after your working life is complete depends on how you set yourself up financially, how well-thought out your plan is and how complete. Most people retire at a time other than their choosing due to health changes, layoffs, corporate restructuring or skill sets that are no longer relevant. We help our clients prepare for their golden years through saving, investing wisely, managing risks and include flexibility in the plan.
Why Retirement Planning is Important
Planning for retirement gets more complex when transitioning from accumulating wealth to distributing wealth. We assist our clients in managing this complexity by coordinating the various income sources – social security, pensions, annuities, retirement accounts, rental real estate, etc. – as we work to provide income for the lifestyle desired. This includes rising income to keep up with the increasing costs of goods and services. Helping our clients determine when to file for social security, how to pay for medical expenses, what to expect from Medicare, how to fill the gaps, and what type of legacy they want to leave for their family and organizations are part of the services we provide.
What We Can Do For You
For our clients, retirement planning does not start at retirement. It starts much before. Our retirement planning service takes a long-term view of your financial wellbeing. We use a life-cycle approach to ensure your “life after work” is as well-planned as your life prior to retirement.
Here is what we do for you as part of our retirement planning service:
- Your personalized retirement planning strategy: Everything we do for you centers around four pillars:
1. Helping you plan to pursue your financial goals prior to retirement.
2. Planning to ensure you have sufficient income during retirement.
3. Putting plans in place to manage your nest egg and yourself against potential catastrophes.
4. Planning for your legacy.
- Understanding your goals: Through an intensely personalized approach, we understand your retirement goals.
- Analyzing where you are: To plan a meaningful retirement, you need to know where you currently stand. We will help you build an in-depth financial inventory to use as part of our retirement planning process.
- Developing the plan: Remember all those questions you had on your mind – largely unanswered? Well, we will work with you to create a retirement plan that addresses every one of them. When we are done, you will not only know what you need (income) to fund your retirement lifestyle, and what your investments will generate, but you will also know how to bridge the shortfall – if any.
- Implementing the plan: As you move closer to retirement, we will work closely with you to ensure the plans are implemented in a phased and orderly manner. The goal of our retirement planning approach is to make transitioning into retirement as seamless and stress-free as possible.
- Guiding you with decisions on pensions and benefits: Our retirement planning professionals will be right there when you need them with help and advice on pensions and benefits (government or employer): Whether to apply or not? When to apply? What to do with those funds…and much more.
- Looking out for you in retirement and beyond: Our retirement planning service is not done yet – not by a long shot. To live a long and fulfilling retirement, you will need help with many other facets of your life such as health care, insurance, charitable giving and legacy planning. When you need our advice, our specialists will know exactly how to respond.
- Ongoing reviews: Our retirement planning service ensures that we maintain a long and enduring relationship with you. We will continue to monitor and review your retirement plans and consult with you frequently about any changes or updates needed to address your evolving retirement lifestyle needs.
For more information about retirement guidance, please contact us today.